Gift Aid

Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you give, we get an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue, helping your donation go further. This will help us do more to support people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).  


If you are a UK taxpayer, please tick the box on our Subscription or Donation form, or provide your full name and full address, including your postcode, along with your permission to claim Gift Aid.  

You only need to make your declaration once. We can then use it for every gift you make and claim the gift aid back on any donation made within four years of the end of the tax year that the donation is made in. Please see here for more information.  

We can also use this declaration on any cash donations. We can claim gift aid, on cash donations, within two years of the end of the tax year that the donation was made in. Please see here for more information.  

To download a Gift Aid Declaration Form, please visit the HRMC website here or contact the Fundraising team.   

Your donations will qualify as long as they’re not more than 4 times what you have paid in tax in that tax year (6th April to 5th April). 

Please note:  

  1. You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the appropriate tax year (currently 25p for each £1 you give).               
  2. You can cancel your gift aid declaration at any time by notifying NRAS. 
  3. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that NRAS reclaims, you can cancel your declaration.            
  4. If you pay tax at the higher rate, you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.                                       
  5. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, refer to the HMRC website here.                                            
  6. Please notify NRAS if you change your name or address.